Thursday, August 21, 2008

Move-in day, 8.21

Ladies,

I am extraordinarily excited for this year! After today I know that I will be able to do justice to the position of RA. Today I handled a multitude of minor crises and finished them with perfection and complete attention to each student or staff member that I was speaking with. I know I will be able to handle situations of diverse issues with little to no problem now.

Today I learned that students are truly amazing. I met so many interesting women today and I am excited to get to know the rest of them, whether in Fickes hall or in our 3 other fantastic residence halls and apartment complexes. Moving students in today made me feel connected to them in a way I couldn't have captured through any other means. Today I was able to carry on small conversations with every resident that moved in and I knew exactly what to say when they asked questions. When taking this position I was nervous about answering questions and whether or not I would be able to maintain all of the tasks being an RA encompasses and plus the ability to give each and every obstacle the right amount of time. After move-in today I feel 50 times more comfortable with my position. Helping students today made me feel 100% confident that I have gained trust from the students. Throughout the first week, month, semester and entire first year I will do nothing other than put my best foot forward to ensure that I keep the trust I have gained from my residents. I want to work hard to ensure the safety and satisfaction of the students. I made a promise to this University and I was given the chance to prove myself. I will not let the University down. I made a promise almost a year ago to make Dean's list last year and i accomplished that in my first semester, with this reflection I assure you that this new promise to the University also near and dear to my heart and I will do my best everyday to ensure that I keep it.

--Hoohah!

No comments: