Thursday, February 19, 2009

it's been a while

I haven't posted to this blog in a while, so here goes.

This year has been more than I could ask for with being an RA. I have had an amazing time and I look forward to another year filling this honorable position. It's a tough job, but I definitely enjoy it.

I know I'm the only one who updates this still... I hope to see others updating, but I am sure it is not a reality and I wonder if someone in the future will continue to update their blog as well. It may be interesting to pull everyone, who continues to update, together into a group where we could talk about our position. Maybe a mini RA get together group or something and we could blog about our experiences. Maybe that would be something to get going on this website. I think it would be pretty neat. It would be even cooler if other schools have their RAs blog becaue then our RAs could connect with other schools, which would be... an amazing networking move and it would let our RAs meet new people off campus. Hm.. I think I will suggest that because I think it's a fabulous idea.

We did go to an RA conference this year and it was really cool to talk with RAs from other Universities, but we need more opportunities like that. Maybe one of those "virtual" games or websites has some sort of RA get together we could join in... I don't know, but it would be neat if we could find new ways to meet people at little or no cost...

Well, i'll think about that for a little while, but for right now it's time to end.

No comments: