Saturday, August 16, 2008

RA training '08

Well folks,

I'm not 100% sure anyone still checks these, but I thought I would update.

Fall training started this past Sunday and has been going stellar. The new Residence Life team members are more than i could have dreamt for. Everyone is so involved and completely committed to the training and making things run smoothly. I am thrilled to be a Resident Assistant and have the opportunity to work with such an amazing staff this year.

I wanted to share an event that happened to me today, because I thought it was a great learning experience and I want to share the wealth. I was out for a bike ride during our evening off and as I returned to campus I rode past Laughlin hall. While traveling up the hill a family stopped me and asked what Laughlin hall currently was. After the explanations of my attending Chatham, Laughlin's status, and where i lived, the grandfather proceeded to tell me that his grandma was Mr. and Mrs. Laughlin's house maid for the upper floors. How amazing is that? I was just riding around campus enjoying the scenery after a nice bike ride and I met these amazing people who shared part of their history with me.

I thought it was an amazing moment.

Keep up the amazing work in training and I can't wait to see you all again tomorrow!

No comments: